Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our dual nature

I begin today's post with a poem known to all:

There was a little girl, she had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead;
And when she was good, She was very very
Good.
And when she was bad, she was horrid.

--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I sometimes feel like the curl in my forehead shows when I least desire.  But I have learned to "feed the good wolf" and to take care of making sure my needs are met so that I can caregive for others.  Sometimes I feel that curl twisting up and I want so badly to speak my mind when it is not my place, or to let my pent up anger out towards an undeserving victim... so I find that a reminder of a reputation immortalized by Longfellow may very well be my fate if I don't choose to be a peacemaker to my own healing self. 

Be a Blessing and be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment