Wednesday, November 17, 2010

After learning that my hours at work had been nearly cut in half this morning... I decided to turn lemons into lemonade spritzers by adopting a handsome Siamese cat tetatively named Shiloh, maybe Micah.. maybe ??  He is one of the two breeds of cat that I am strangely not allergic to.. go figure.  So I am pleased as punch with my extra time today to spend with my new pal.   My daughter's cat, Moira, is extremely dominant and this new addition is very submissive so hopefully things will work just fine as long as Moira doesn't bully... grrr... Im already protective of my new snugglebug and he has exclusive rights to my bed.  Moira will be so jealous...  

Here's a poem that blessed me today.   Blessed be.

How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the Ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love this to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,--I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

---Elizabeth Barrett Browning 

 I want to say this to the one I love from memory... 

No comments:

Post a Comment